Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Today is a day when many of us, fighting off that champagne hangover, make promises to ourselves for the coming year. Whether we decide to start good habits or stop bad ones, I think we can all agree that this is the perfect time to resolve to be, not just better human beings, but better cosplayers.

So, in the year 2012, I, shadowen, resolve to:

...knock at least one item off my cosplay bucket list.

...not leave major costuming projects to the last minute so that I'm not stitching things together the night before the con (again).

...keep my con and cosplay budget within a reasonable limit.

...be daring and creative with my cosplay, both in what I wear and how I wear it.

...make at least one new friend at a con and keep in touch with people, rather than just seeing them once a year.

...update Frenemy Cosplay more than once a millennium.


We'll see how these are holding up come February.

Happy New Year, fellow cosplayers, and may 2012 bring you all the fabulous geekery you can handle. How will you resolve to be a better cosplayer?

No comments:

Post a Comment