Monday, January 9, 2012

Cosplay Linkspam, 9 January 2012

Been a while since we’ve had one of these, hasn’t it? In any case, I’ve got some real gems for you, today!

Let’s just start at the beginning, shall we? And by ‘beginning’, I mean a website about the first ever Science Fiction convention in 1937. Even if a convention without cosplay can hardly be called a convention, and it may not have actually been the first, the site has interesting tidbits and many pics of nerdy white dudes standing around looking smart. So I guess cons haven’t changed all that much.

Also marking a first - but in a more ‘wtf’ vein - is the Victoria’s Secret Superhero Fashion Show. It is exactly as fierce and bizarre as you think it is.

By contrast, this kid’s Transformers cosplay shows us how simple ingenuity can create pure delight.

Much like this Daria cosplay, which seems to have been done just for the hell of it.

In the category of cosplay gone wrong, however, is this wayward Darth Vader, who apparently just wanted to take a nap in the middle of the road. (And please, somebody tell me that they read the headline “Man wearing Darth Vader mask attacks trooper” and thought “Well that storm trooper was just tempting fate”.)

Finally, I think we should all read The Fan/Pro Bill of Rights and take it to heart so that everyone can have a more pleasant con experience.


Today, I bought a costume piece for a costume I’m not sure I’m doing. Ain’t that life?

-shadowen

No comments:

Post a Comment