Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cosplay Linkspam, 9 August 2011


So I’m a day late. (And a dollar short, but that’s another story.) Here’s your cosplay linkspam of the week!

Ok, last one from SDCC, I swear! The Venture Bros. Blog (via Adult Swim) has a video from the Venture Bros. costume contest. Once again, this is most notable because it contains Sabine being epic. Watch the video here.

In fannish news of a different sort, fans of I Love Lucy celebrated what would have been the fabulous Lucille Ball’s 100th birthday by having the largest gathering of Lucy look-alikes in history. Not many pictures, but you can read about it here.

io9 has some good ones, this week. First, we have Japanese politicians in Dragonball Z cosplay. Y’all, I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried. Check it out here.

Also from io9, residents of Vancouver can hire a live-in servant who promises to dress and act as the dinosaur of his empoloyer’s choosing for a full year. I kind of want to shake this guy’s hand... er, claw. Talon? Anyway, details are here.

And... apparently GenCon was this weekend? io9 has a round-up of some of the best costumes, including SFW pics from the con’s burlesque show and a Spike Spiege cosplayer, which I haven’t seen in far too long. See the pics here.

This has been your linkspam for the week! Now I’m going to go frantically write this week’s actual post. It’s not gonna be pretty, fellow cosplayers. It’s not gonna be pretty.

-shadowen

No comments:

Post a Comment